The Westwego Farmers
& Fisheries Market provides the community and region with activities that promote involvement by the entire family. Annual
special events include:
- Mardi Gras at the Market
event for local children. Royal Court is comprised of elementary and middle school children from our area.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt and Easter party
- Annual Lighting of the City Christmas tree with caroling by the local schools as well as cocoa and
- Annual Christmas party with visit by Santa
and Mrs. Claus
- Pumpkin Patch for the children in the
area. They have story time and cookies, get to select their pumpkin, and get their face painted.
- Annual Crawfish Cook Off
- Annual Chili Cook Off
Shrimp & Cajun Festival
- Annual Jambalaya Cook
- Lagniappe at the Market — Spring and Fall
- 2nd Annual Crawfish Cook Off (link pdf flyer see attached).
May 14, 2011,
11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Bands include Don Rich, Kayla Woodson, Junior & Sumtin Sneaky, and Waylon
- Lagniappe at the Market, free Friday night concert series. 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. beginning May 20, 2011. Bring
the family for great music, food, vendors, and lots of fun!!!
For more information on event sponsorship
opportunities, contact Cathy Paliet, Market Coordinator to learn about our Sponsorship Program.